Tuesday, August 5, 2008

(87) New recipe every month

I totally forgot about this goal, but luckily, I already have something for this month. We bought bulk chicken breast tenderloins at Sam's Club so I found an easy recipe that we can use until they run out. I'll admit, I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to cooking meat so any time I have bulk of anything, I try to find a fairly fail-safe recipe to fall back on. I can't seem to find the exact recipe/measurements online anymore so here are the basics:

Chicken breasts/tenderloins
Milk
Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
Butter

Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together. Heat and butter skillet. Dip chicken into milk, then breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Cook chicken in skillet, flipping until done. The end.

There are tons of similar recipes that require eggs, but we happened to be out of eggs that day so I found a recipe that didn't use them. The chicken remains juicy and tender while creating a nice lightly buttered, crispy, cheese-crumb crust. Yum. :) This isn't exactly what mine looked like, but it's quite close for something I found online quickly:

No comments: