Tuesday, November 25, 2008

(54) Movie List

The Sting


I can't get over how similar Robert Redford and Brad Pitt look alike! They really need to play the father/son roles in something. They did have a movie together though - Spy Game. Anyway, I was extremely excited to see that Alamo Drafthouse was playing this at the location closest to our house (there are 4 in the Austin area and this one is maybe 10 minutes from home). Normally the one downtown plays the older stuff so I knew I had to check this one out since it was so close.

I had read a little bit about the plot beforehand to get an idea of what kind of movie it was and knew I would probably be a little confused with the characters here and there. I tend to get names and roles mixed up sometimes, but Chris helped me keep up with those. The acting was great (as expected from Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Robert Shaw, etc) and the plot kept me interested and laughing through parts of it. I loved the elaborate 'acting' scenes they did to trick Shaw's character - so clever. Other than my general problem with keeping up with names, it was an excellent movie with an excellent group of actors and I'm so grateful I was able to see it on the big screen. :) Oh, and I couldn't get "The Entertainer" out of my head for a few hours afterwards...but it was worth it.

No comments: